Communication is the transfer of information between people,
which usually results in an action.
- It involves a sender and one or more receivers.
- A message, which is transferred or shared between two or
- It is a two-way process – the transfer of the
message results in some kind of response.
- In Business, Communication involves the process that links managers with the execution of the basic and additional management tasks in order to achieve business objectives.
Benefits of effective business communication
- To contain costs
- To increase productivity
- To give moral support
- And to overcome obstacles in communication
NB: therefore effective communication takes place when the message the sender intends to send is received and understood by the receiver.